Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DIY Tuesday: Trash to Treasure (Finale)


Trash to Treasure: Before Pictures
Trash to Treasure: Part II
Trash to Treasure: Part III


Just in case you need a reminder of what this nightstand looked like before the change

The Final Product!

I am planning to get a glass top to protect the surface. This nightstand is now in the room by the bed and it is mine. I am so happy. After 14 years of dealing with a cheap round table with a tablecloth, this takes the cake!

I absolutely love how this nightstand turned out and the color goes extremely well with the existing furniture in the bedroom. I am tickled pink with this project. And, Dan is extremely pleased with it too.

The total cost of this project (not counting the glass I am planning to get for the top) was less than $50. We purchased the handles, the most expensive part of the entire project. We also purchase wood for the new feet and sides, paint and a couple of paintbrushes and sandpaper. We already had the rest of the supplies.

Not bad for a rescued piece of trash.

By the way, work on the DIY desk has been restarted last Sunday. It will be Dan's and I think he is looking forward to having something substantial for a nightstand besides a cheap rickety old round table.


I am linking up at:
  Creations by Kara      Todays Creative Blog  The Shabby Nest

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great! Cute siggy, too. Animated graphics have really come a long way!

    -Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a difference in appearance. I liked the look of the original but remember, I am older. However, it looks very very nice. Kudos kiddo.
    Rhetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can get a glass top for it cheep at ikea next time you go to houston.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!