Thursday, May 31, 2012


Do you remember this announcement? And, all the headaches that came afterwards?

Well, we went through a lot to get this house. Here is the status:

Everything was finalized late yesterday afternoon (Thursday, May 30, 2012).

The first thing on our plans is to get ready and go camping! Both Dan and I do NOT want to miss out on this adventure as it has been in the works for almost a year now and we will get to see a few family members that we rarely see. I am excited!

And then, we are going to focus on the house before we move in. We want to get the locks changed and have an exterminator come out. (I want to be sure no icky bugs exist INSIDE the house. I do not want any surprises to jump on me while we are there. *shudders*)
Once those things are out of the way, we will convert the attached garage and put down the flooring before moving in. We are hoping that will only take a few weekends to do. We will camp out on the queen-size camp cot on the weekends. This should be fun and I am looking forward to it.

My personal deadline to be moved in is July 31st. But, if we do not meet this date, it will not be the end of the world.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Macro Monday {Rosebud}

Popping on for another Macro Monday.
I heart Macro.
Your Sunday Best.

I need to do something other than flowers as they are too easy unless the wind is blowing (which it was on the day this picture was snapped).

Friday, May 25, 2012

Link Roundup

I have not been taking the time to save links to posts and articles. I mostly speed read through the blogs these days and take a few pictures here and there. My new laptop arrived extremely early the other day. (It was not due to be delivered until next week.) I now need to take the time to set it up as it is a blank slate at the moment. Maybe I will do that this afternoon.

Please y'all, have a wonderful weekend. For those of you who have Memorial Day, please be safe!

  • Cowgirl Hat Pincusion Sewing, Tutorial

  • Fear and Time
    Fear always tells you two things about time:

    1. It’s too late.

    2. Do it later.

    The first destroys you with regret.

    The second delays you with laziness.

    They’re both lies.

    Wage war against them.

    Right now is the best time to get started because it’s the only time we’re guaranteed to have.

  • Loving the Unlovable
    That’s the hard part about loving someone. Sometimes we don’t get to hear the whole song. We get to be a verse or a single lyric in someone’s journey, but the song doesn’t resolve. We watch relationships fade into the horizon, not really knowing if we’ve made a difference.

    But sometimes, in moments that are so comical you can’t help but laugh, God plays the last note right in front of you.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Macro Monday (An Oldie but Goodie)

Macro Monday
I heart Macro

My laptop is fried. It is estimated to be over four years old and it is no longer under warranty. Dan played around with it and got it to work for approximately 24 hours before it went kaput. He took it to work to determine if it was the motherboard or something to do with the video connection and/or card. Since it is most likely the motherboard, we figured it would be better all around to just get me a new laptop. I was totally amazed that the cost of a comparable laptop is so much cheaper than four years ago and has more RAM and a bigger hard drive! The new laptop has been ordered and is now on its way to me. It should arrive early next week.

In the meantime, I am using Dan's laptop. He has a different photo editor which I am not inclined to learn how to use. Also, I do not like working from the backup hard drive. So, I am posting an oldie which is an all around favorite macro shot of mine that was taken back in September of 2011 at North Padre Island (and blogged about here).

I have only recently started participating in the macro and other photography linkups. I figured that many of you new people coming from the linkups have never seen this favorite macro shot of mine. So, I am reposting it here. Enjoy.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Still Waiting {House} Part II

Closing was scheduled for today. However, we received discouraging news yesterday. The title company emailed everyone stating that they needed documentation showing that the "federal estate taxes have been satisfied" or ""maximum estate value was not met". This is all on the seller - it has nothing on us. I heard that the seller's agent is pretty upset with the title company, because they have been telling her everything is set, that they are good to go and then at the eleventh hour they pull this crap.

So, we waited while our agent, the seller's agent, title company and our bank tried to come up with a solution that worked for everyone.

This morning, the seller's agent asked to extend the contract until June 6. The lawyer(s) for the seller need fourteen calendar days to come up with the required documentation for the title company. The person who owned this house apparently had a lot of stocks and passed away on a weekend. So, they have to determine the value of the stocks at closing on Friday and the value at opening on on Monday and then the value is the average of the two? It is all mighty confusing!

The sellers offered to pay the fees to extend our rate lock if needed. If the sellers were to terminate the contract at this point for whatever reason, we would get all of our money back – earnest money, inspection, survey and appraisal fees, etc., and etc. This tells us they do not want us to walk away any more than we want them to walk away.

So, we have agreed to extend the contract on the house until June 6th. Ah, the joys of waiting.

My advice to those looking for a house is to avoid estate sales unless you are willing to be patient and wait things out until all things get resolved. We are willing; although, it is with a little bit of impatience! Ha!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Macro Monday {Ford Emblem}

I am popping on to do another random Macro Monday.

Ford Emblem on the gas cap of Dan's 1966 Mustang

Friday, May 4, 2012

Still Waiting {House}

It's been tough. We turned everything in last week and all we are doing is waiting for (and trusting) others (such as the bank) to do their part.

I have been stressing. I am trying to wait patiently and I am not liking this "in limbo" state one bit. This could go on for another two weeks all because of one person or business! Apparently, it can take them between one to three weeks just to get an appraisal on the house. Honestly, I don't understand why it could take three weeks. That is ridiculous in my humble opinion; but, it is out of our hands. So, we wait. And, I have been anxiously and constantly praying. I sometimes can't help myself as it is my nature to worry.

So anyway, we are still waiting. It could be another two weeks before we hear anything and close on the house. Blogging will still be sporadic. I intend to blog when I can find the time to write and create a post.

{I have no choice. Ha!}