Indiscriminate Contemplations == Random Thoughts
- We have recently suffered a major disappointment in our house hunting. Wisdom and following it (being wise) will sometimes produce disappointment. Sometimes I want to be selfish; but, I would rather have disappointment than the headaches that would most certainly come further on down the road.
Anyway,we thought we found our house. It was beautiful and just right. We walked in and thought "this is it". The price was just a tad over what we wanted. But, it was in excellent condition and we thought we could afford it. So, we talked between ourselves and then decided to put down earnest money.
Come to find out, we misread the pre-approval papers for the mortgage. What we thought would be the monthly payment amount was deceiving. They listed the actual mortgage payment amount (principal + interest on one page; but, the TOTAL payment amount per month was buried a few pages later. This second amount included estimated insurance and taxes.
When I discovered this, my first thought was "no wonder why so many people get themselves into a fix when they buy a home". They think they can afford it when in reality, the additional costs of insurance and taxes bites them in the butt.
Anyway, the value of this particular house is a HECK of a lot higher than the selling price. This translates into HIGHER taxes per year. After all, the taxes are actually based upon the appraisal value not the selling price.
Buying this house would end up making us house poor which is something we both do not want. And, I personally do not believe in creating financial hardships for us. I am a BIG believer in being debt free. We currently do not have any debts whatsoever - none, nada, zilch, zippo, nothing. If we got this house, I'm sure life would have caused us to create debt - not a good thing in my opinion.
So, as hard it was for us both, we choose to let this house go. We were both so disappointed that we decided to do a rare thing - We skipped having dinner and went straight to Chili's for dessert to drown it out; better than getting drunk! And, it was sooo good.
- We are putting our house hunting on hold. Our reasoning is that with the holidays coming up, we do not really want to look for houses during this time. We would rather focus on the holidays and family.
We will most likely resume hunting for a house after the first of the year. I personally haven’t decided yet whether or not I want to resume the hunt.
- Speaking of decisions, I have decided that Thursdays are going to be my days off from the interwebs. Yes, I know. “Interwebs” is not a word – it is slang. (It’s a combination of “World Wide Web” and “internet”.) But, I do not care – I like it (the word). Ha!
Anyway, I will only be on Instant Messenger from time to time to stay in touch with my Dan. Of course, if I need a break from real life, I’ll sneak online. Ha!
It’s going to be hard to do this. I might check emails because I don’t want to miss deals like yesterday which I took off as an experiment. Amazon had a steal on the “I Love Lucy” complete series for $84.99! I HAD to get it as I was waiting impatiently for a very long time for a steal like this on this particular TV series. (It’s $235.98 regular price). Now you know something new about me - I am a HUGE fan of "I Love Lucy". :-)
Anyhow, I will be off line on Thursdays for the most part. That means no blog posts on Thursdays. If I want a post for a Thursday for some reason or another, I’ll be posting it late Wednesday nights. And, I most likely will not respond to emails and facebook messages. If you know me well, you know you can text me and I'll get back to you. :-)
- I have a confession: I struggle with laziness. This is partially the reason why I'm taking Thursdays off. I am hoping I'll focus more on the more important things in life and get more accomplished. The weekends are already more or less days off from the interwebs. I thought another day would be good for me. So, I'm giving this a try.
- Gracie is doing fabulously! She’s back to being a normal cat and raising heck in the mornings and evenings.
We took her in to see the vet Wednesday night for a follow up and there is no evidence of a bacterial infection in her ears. Yay!
We’re going to keep an eye on her to see if it acts up again. If it does, we’ll give her the allergy meds we were given and take her in. We may have to clean her ears periodically especially if she does have allergies; but, for now, we’ll just keep an eye on her. She’s a happy healthy kitty at the moment and I’m so pleased to see that.
This animal hospital is now going to be our place to go when our cats are sick - they were wonderful with Gracie. It is hard to explain why; but, I'll try.
Instead of treating her as an average cat and grasping at straws and throwing out ideas, they actually thought outside the box and sought out reasons to why Gracie was having problems. Gracie was a "zebra". Most cats don't suffer from ear problems and if they do, it's usually ear mites or allergies causing them. It's is apparently rare for a cat to be suffering from a bacterial infection in their ears. Gracie is rare. :-)
Anyway, we’ll continue to keep an eye on Gracie. For now, we can breathe (relax).