Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Indiscriminate Contemplations


Indiscriminate Contemplations == Random Thoughts

Today is the first day of October. It is my favorite month of the year. Why is it my favorite? Because fall is here and many birthdays are celebrated this month, including my own. It is just a beautiful time and the decorations you see, especially the fall ones, are gorgeous. The only thing I do not like about fall is the fact it heralds winter is coming. Winter down here isn’t so bad; but, I dislike it when it does gets very cold. I don’t do cold well. My very bones hurt. I just ache all over and it’s painful at times.

I had a sickly cat, Gracie, with me most of last night. In fact, she was sickly most of the week. Anyway, she fit beautifully on my second pillow (which is covered with the quilt) and didn’t bother me too much. Chessie was a little upset by this because she usually is with me in the same spot. Chessie overwhelms the pillow and ends up lying on top of me in addition to the pillow. It’s amazing the difference in sizes between these two cats.

Anyway, Gracie beat her to it last night. So, Chessie ended up lying beside me. It was so strange to be surrounded by two cats and I’m so very tired because I didn’t want to disturb Gracie. I spoil them too much, especially if one (or both) is sickly.

We’re going to take Gracie to a fully loaded Animal Hospital tonight (after attending a company party). It was listed on the employee’s website as one of the recommended places to go. This has been going on way too long and our current vet hasn’t figured out what her problem is. She’s miserable and I hate that. At the very least, help us alleviate her symptoms so that she can enjoy life. We did try things such as switching to a prescription non-allergic type food. And, had blood tests done to determine if she has allergies (inconclusive). Our current vet says it’s highly likely she does have allergies because she responded well to steroid shots. (I don’t want to do any more of those because of side effects.) Anyway, here’s to hoping that this Animal Hospital will help her out more. We’ll see. All I know is that I’m getting desperate because I don’t like to see my kitty miserable.

I mentioned a company party. It’s called Racktoberfest, a play off Oktoberfest, or is that Wurstfest? Anyway, it’s an annual event for the entire family of an employee. I went to a similar party a couple years ago and it was okay. At least, it gives us something to do. And, there’s food. And, for Dan, genuine German beer.

Here are some links that I’ve come across since last Friday that I found informative or interesting. Enjoy.

A Doorway Theater {crafting, for kids}

Ten Cars Thieves Target the Most

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!