Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crafty Tuesday: Christmas Ornaments


There is another craft that I love to do which is making beaded Christmas ornaments. The sad thing is that we have not been able to put up our big Christmas tree for a very long time - over three years! There is no space for one in this rental house. As a result, I have not worked on very many kits simply because I cannot enjoy them.

I usually order kits from either Herrschners or Mary Maxim. If I see a kit I really love, I will buy it. I know they are usually limited and I might never see the kit again. Because of this mentality, the kits are piling up and I feel like I am one of them hoarders. Ha!

Honestly though, there are only a few things I hoard. Ornament kits is one. Fabrics is another. I do use these items. Eventually.
I really love how this ornament turned out. I got a set of three out of the kit. I am really pleased.

{Note: Pictures were taken by Dan.}



I am linking up at:
     sew many ways  Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party  The Girl Creative

4 comments:

  1. Very lovely. I have a huge tree. Takes up most of my big window but I don't care. It's only up for a little time. Will have to get a pic up of it on my photos for you to see. Rhetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ornaments too but have never made one! Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had no idea these kits were still available -- my grandmother made them for my mom when she was first married over 40 years ago! Ordering now as a Christmas gift for my mom!!! Thanks so much! (I saw you on Polka Dots on Parade, by the way.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! My mom used to make these years ago. I haven't seen one in a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!