Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

5 Minute... Thursday: Whole


The Gypsy Mama puts up a "5 minute" word challenge almost every Friday and leaves it up for a week. I decided, if I do the exercise, to post my result on Thursdays.

Here is my second effort at the 5 minute challenge. It was written on Wednesday (August 10, 2011). The word for this week's challenge is "whole".


Whole equals the sum of many parts. I am but a sum of many things.

I am my father’s daughter. I am a sister to three brothers. I am a wife to a wonderful man. I’m an Aunt. I am a woman. I am profoundly deaf.

Does all of this together make me whole? No, there’s more.

I am passionate. I am a pacifist. I am a worrywart, which is contrary to being a believer in Christ. I try to trust Him in all things; but, sometimes I just cannot help myself. I am imperfect. I am a contradiction.

I am also a wannabe crafter, quilter, writer, and photographer.

The sum of this entire monologue still doesn’t make me whole. What makes me whole? And, why do I feel broken?

I am a work in progress.


1. Take five minutes and just write without criticizing your words, yourself or your story. Just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
2. Link back here to share your unedited stories.
3. Go visit, read, and compliment the person who shared right before you.
Man, this is so incomplete. The opposite of whole. Ha!

For some reason, I had a really tough time with this word and the exercise itself. There is so much within me swirling around wanting to get out; but, fear holds me back. I would so love to write more; but, the exercise called for five minutes. So, this is all you are going to get from me. And besides, I am not sure if I am ready to open up a can of worms. Or rather, share it with others.

If you like this challenge and you want to participate in it weekly, or even from time-to-time, I suggest you follow The Gypsy Mama because my "5 minute" postings are going to be rather late. You will be more up-to-date on what her 5 minute word challenge is if you follow her blog and be able to work on it right away or mull over the word a few days before doing the actual writing.

1 comment:

  1. You broke the rule and criticized yourself. :(

    We're so much alike. It's sort of comforting (in a perverse sort of way) to read about others' struggles and trials. I love it when you get the courage to share your heart.

    I enjoyed it and look forward to reading more.

    I might check out Gypsy Mama and try it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!