Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Link Roundup


Nothing will work unless you do. ~Maya Angelou
  • Skateboard Themed Shelving DIY; Décor; Boys

  • Colored Pencil Jewelry Crafting; Jewelry

  • 29 ways to Stay Creative Motion Graphic Video on Vimeo.

  • 15 Ways to Lace a Shoe

  • Money Isn’t the Root of All Evil Finances; I though a very good read
    ….1 Timothy 6:10 from the Bible, which is usually translated as “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil” or simply “for the love of money is the root of all evil.” Not money itself, but the love of money.

    That’s a key distinction. Money itself is neither good nor evil. It’s simply a medium of exchange. It’s a way for people to trade one thing – say, their money or their time or their energy – for other things, like food or housing.
  • Grace for the Good Girl: a peek inside Christian; Inspirational; Excerpt from Chapter 1 of a Book
    If my story were a planet, then your rejection of me would be my nuclear holocaust. This fear of rejection drives me hard, eating away at my courage. And so I am cautious in my love. I am timid in my faith. My life tells a small story. I long to be seen, but I feel safe when I’m invisible.

    So I stay a good girl. And I hide.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

~Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Lee Ann. I always enjoy the variety in your 'Link Roundup'.

    I particularly enjoyed the video on inspiration and the blog post on the new book on 'Good Girls'. I wanted to buy it immediately, but added it to my wishlist on Amazon, instead (thanks to your inspiration to use it to weed out what I REALLY want and those things that are just 'impulse buys'. :)

    I also thought the colored pencil necklace was adorable! That would be a good gift for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!