Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

WIP: Maxine Quilt

{WIP == Work In Progress}

Note: If you are new here and wish to see my project from the very beginning, go to Maxine Fabric (The Beginning). Links are provided (embedded) in each of the WIP Maxine posts to continue on until you get to this post.


The border aka frame is sewn on! hurray!

I am not crazy with how the bottom left bottom block disappears into the border. Oh well.

I had sewn three sides on before taking off for Thanksgiving. I then sewed on the last side earlier today. I'm thrilled that this part is done.

I have decided that I don't like taking pictures of the quilts in progress. The picture doesn't do the quilt top justice. The fabric used in the border is more of a purple hue than blue. And, the room I am using is just too small. I just can't get it right! I think I'm going to have to find a different location to take pictures. But, where?!?

Anyway, It's now onto the backing fabric! I'm going to try to piece it (hodgepodge) with leftover pieces fabrics.

This was completed as part of the goal I set at:

Amy's Creative Side

The other part of my goal can be found here. It was completed late that afternoon when the challenge was first issued.

As for new goals:

I am pretty sure that Block 3 for the Layer Cake quilt along will be posted tomorrow. I have two weeks to do that. Should be easy enough as it's only one block.

I need to come up with a backing fabric for the Maxine quilt. That is going to take time as I need to decide on how I want to do accomplish (design) that using the leftover fabric. But, hopefully, I'll do it quickly enough as I feel like I don't have much time left. One week should be enough time, right? I am mentally screaming over this. Ha!

Next up: Sneek Peek to Backing

4 comments:

  1. It's looking really cute! It has been neat to watch your progress. Your Mom is going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your finishes, i love your maxine quilt, she is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!