Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Indiscriminate Contemplations

Indiscriminate Contemplations == Random Thoughts

  • A reminder: don’t forget to “fall back” (Daylight Savings Time ends) this weekend. I always disliked this time of the year – we technically gain an hour (and lose it again in the spring). I have a hard time getting into the new routine of technically getting up an hour earlier. Ugh! That is way too early for me. And, it’s so dark! Oh well, I’ll get used to it.

  • This is going around the internet. For a little fun: 1) Go to maps.google.com 2) click the “get directions” link 3) type “Japan” as the start location and “China” as the end location and 5) take a look at step 43 in directions and laugh.

  • We’re going to go on another no spend month soon. We’ve tentatively made January the no spend month because, well obviously, November and December are budget killers. Mostly, it’s the traveling (gas & food) that wipes us out. We are not big on gift giving; however, we do either give a few gifts between ourselves or purchase one big gift for us.

  • Gracie is still doing fairly well and I am very thankful for that. We've decided to wash her face once a week because she started to develop problems around her mouth again. She's doing fabulously washing the left side of her face using her back paw; but, it is apparently not enough. I'm hoping that this will help. My worst fear is that the bacterial infection was not completely conquered or that she really does have allergies. We'll continue to keep an eye on her.

  • I started and finished making the first block for a Layer Cake quilt along. I made a few mistakes and I thank God I bought an extra Layer cake for just in case I mess up. Ha! You can view the block I made here. I will post more about it later next week.

  • I am going to be gone this weekend and will not have my laptop with me. I will be at the Houston International Quilt Festival Saturday. I’m looking forward to going – viewing quilts and shopping is always enjoyable for me. I have to get busy and pack for the short weekend trip!

  • Linky Love:

    Be Kind to Your Fabric… And to Yourself

    Food for Thought: To Those of Us Born 1925 - 1970

“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
~Psalms 51:10~

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what 'cat acne' is? It might be that. My sister just recently told me about this.

    "jet ski across the Pacific Ocean" LOL. Cute. :)

    Coffee, I tell ya. Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kara:

    Yes, and it's highly unlikely it's kitty acne. However, we're treating it like it is acne at the moment. They do not eat or drink from plastic dishes. In fact, they're spoiled kitties because they have Fiestaware for their dishes considering it's the only dishes I know of that are currently lead free.

    We had glass dishes for some time and poor Chessie (not Gracie) suffered from kitty acne until I discovered it had lead in it. Trashed that and started using Fiestaware and her acne cleared up almost immediately! It was a surprising discovery!

    And, it's chocolate by the way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!