Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beautiful Fabric I Won has Arrived!


Way back on October 14th, I found out I was a winner of a fat quarter. Well, sometime in the latter part of the last week, it arrived! And, it's gorgeous.


This fabric is from the line called "Birdie" by "Me and My Sister Designs". You can find the entire line here: Me and My Sister Designs: Birdie


I'm loving this fabric, which is odd considering I don't usually go for pink. And now, it's going into my fabric stash. I wonder what I'm going end up using it for?

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Seems to me that 'Fat Quarters' are just a bit of a tease. ;-) If it was bigger, I'd say it would make a cute apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kara: Fat Quarters are a tease; but, very usable. Yes, it's a small amount of fabric; but, you can get a lot more usable surface area from a fat quarter versus a 1/4 yardage cut.

    For example, All of the accessory fabrics in my mother's Maxine quilt is from fat quarters (18 x 22). They are 9.5" x 8.5". I wouldn't have been able to get one single block from a 1/4 yardage cut (9" wide). However, I got two blocks from a Fat quarter and have plenty of leftovers (which I plan to use for the back of the quilt) from each Fat Quarter. I even had to cut a third block from one fat quarter because I messed up with one! LOL. :-)

    As for the apron, I TOTALLY agree. It sure would be cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!