Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sneak Peek of Backing to Maxine Quilt


{Note: if you're new here and want to see the entire WIP, go to Maxine Quilt: The beginning.}

I was going to give you something different for my "Crafting Tuesdays" today; but, the project I was working on this past weekend is not quite finished.

So, instead of that, I've decided to give you a sneak peek of the WIP (work in Progress) on Mom's Maxine Quilt.

This is just a section of a long strip for the backing. And yes, this part is finished. This long section of the quilt was the hardest part. Decisions, decisions, decisions -- being creative is tough!

I hope to have the backing finished by Thursday or Friday. And, then I can baste the top, batting, and backing together, quilt it, and then bind it! We'll see considering I'm such a slow poke.

Next Up: Maxine Quilt: WIP and finale



Fresh Poppy Design

7 comments:

  1. So there are a bunch of these long strips sewn together to form a big piece for the backing? You can tell I'm not a quilter even tho I do sew.
    Yes creating is hard work. So many things to consider. Sometimes I don't want to part with things I've created as there is so much of me in them. =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute. I don't think I've seen a quilt where the back was pieced together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How appropriate to use that for the back of the quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Thanks,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pussyfoots: This is just a small section to the quilt. You'll have to wait to see what the rest will be like. Ha!

    @Kara: It's not common; although, it's becoming more popular out there in the quilting world. It's a frugal thing to do; especially if you have leftover fabric and/or scraps to use. :-) My first "real" quilt for my Dad had the backing pieced also. And, this was back in the day when it was rarely seen or done for quilts..I need to take pictures of that someday and post about it...

    @Suzanne: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it all the way finished!! (This post absolutely works. Just needs to be a project were you use FABRIC :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Quiltstory: Thank you for the quick response! And, thank you for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be some backing! Can't wait to see the finished project.

    My Fabric Tuesday link is here: http://carolburris.com/quilting/christmas-charm-quilt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!