Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year’s Dreams and Wishes


I must be honest and say that 2010 was both good and bad. I started this blog back in January of 2010 and that turned out to be a good thing. My Mother fell late January, which was the start of rough times for both Dan and I. We thought we might lose her and then she rallied. Life leveled out late summer and kind of returned to normal for us both. However, Mother never completely recovered to be able to return home – my hopes for Mother were dashed. I think I was the longest holdout concerning hope for Mother.

We also thought we found the perfect house only to have that dashed due to financing (property taxes was the deal breaker). We could have still done it; but, we would have been house poor and I don’t believe in putting a financial strain on us both. Anyway, as a result, we put our house hunting on hold until after the holidays. So, we’ll resume house hunting again soon. Maybe.

And, precious Lily was born on the last day of October – a wonderful blessing. She is so cute. She made the year better. We got to see more of her Christmas evening, Sunday, and Monday. She is wonderful to hold and an absolutely precious baby. She’s not a fussy thing at all. I can tell she is going to be one spoiled Drama Queen in the future. Ha!

There were more changes for me concerning the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas). For the first time, I didn’t go home (to my folks house) for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. There is really no home for me to go back to for the holidays anymore. Daddy is gone to his final Home and Mother is in nursing care. Instead, we spent time with my brother and his family over the holidays and that turned out to be a good thing. Also, time spent with my Mother is always good.

I remember saying and thinking that I hoped 2010 would be better than 2009. I am so glad that 2010 is ending. And, I won’t bother saying that I hope 2011 will be better. I’m just going to go with the flow. What happens will happen. I also won’t state any goals because goals have a way of falling apart on me. I believe I had some for 2010; but, between Mother falling at the beginning of the year and when life finally settled down, I had forgotten what they were and I’m sure they weren’t achieved.

There won’t be resolutions or goals for the New Year because I know how they fall apart in a blink of an eye. Life has a way of doing that to a person. Nonetheless, I still have dreams and wishes for the coming New Year.

I’d like to continue blogging. I think it’s been great for me even though no many people leave comments and/or let me know they read my blog. It sets forth my creativity and helps me improve on the things I love to do. I actually accomplish things.

My one wish is to share a few bits of my writings here and there. But, that is a hard thing to do because much of it reveals way too much about me. But, maybe I’ll share a little bit more of my writings, thoughts, and whatnot in 2011. We’ll see how brave I am.

I also have a UFO (UnFinished Objects) challenge I’d like to participate in the year 2011. I will start; but, it could always come to a screeching halt if we find a house of our own. So, I will just do the best I can. At least, I know I will be working on a few UFOs.

I also want to continue participating in the Layer Cake Quilt along. I am currently behind because I had to set it aside to work on finishing up my Mother’s Maxine quilt to give to her for Christmas. {I’ll post pictures of the completed quilt next week sometime} By the way, she loves the quilt. Block 4 was posted before Christmas and Block 5 was just posted recently. I need to do both to catch up.

I’ve been interested in making breads of late. So, I’d like to learn how to make biscuits and sandwich bread from scratch. I also want to try to find a make-your-own pancake mix and use that instead of a prepackaged mix. And, I’d like to try a few more new recipes that are from either a cookbook or from a bloggy recipe that I’ve bookmarked. I’ve already tried a few and some are definitely keepers.

So, I guess my New Year’s dreams and wishes are to

  1. keep on blogging and improving in that endeavor and maybe even share a little more of my writings

  2. to get to making breads and start cooking a little more and

  3. get craftier. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. I, for one, have really enjoyed your blog and I'm glad you are continuing. :) I will also look forward to the time you feel comfortable sharing your personal writings.

    If the Challah you posted a while back is any foretaste of your bread making ventures, I'm intrigued. Actually, you had me at 'bread'. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Ann I enjoy your blog very much. I gave up resolutions and have started choosing a word of the year. This year is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, enjoy your writings. Sometimes you say exactly what I need to hear at that moment. So glad you're going to continue. I'm not nearly so dedicated to my blog, but I wish I was. hahaha
    =^.^=

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!