Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Indiscriminate Contemplations

I read somewhere, in fact in multiple places by different authors, that it is always a good idea to include a picture with each blog post. So, here you go:


Cats on Boxes
{Gracie on top, Chessie on bottom}

I can see everyone exclaiming "Gah! Not another cat photo!" Ha! Hey, I am a crazy, cat lady. I do love my kittehs so.

Moving on.

Happy National Maple Syrup Day! Ha!

I heard about this accidentally yesterday. Today is National Maple Syrup Day. Weird, huh? But, you know what? Both Dan and I switched to real Maple Syrup awhile back because the fake stuff had HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Let me tell you, the real stuff may be more expensive; but, you don’t need a whole lot – a little bit goes a long way. After all, Maple Syrup is very strong stuff. And, honestly, it tastes so much better than the fake crap. So yay! Let us celebrate this weird day. Ha!

Anyway, I will be posting sporadically until after the New Year. I will try to post something photographically on Monday, something for Crafty Tuesday, and something Wordy on Wednesday. But, if you don't see any posts, no worries. I just got too busy to blog!

I will be too busy to do much of anything else online. After all, this is the last weekend before Christmas! I have lots of stuff to do including finishing up my Mother's quilt.

Dan has Thursday and Friday off next week and he also has the whole week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day. That is going to be so nice. We’re not sure what we’ll be doing other than spending some time with a brother along with his family and my Mother over the Christmas holidays.

So anyway, just in case I don’t get a chance to post again this year, I want to wish each of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Be safe everyone!

Winning Love

A CardMaker magazine This should be fun to peruse. I've been gaining an interest in paper crafting including scrapbooking over the years. Gah, not another expensive hobby! LOL. It is for this reason that I haven't taken the dive into it... yet...

Some Linky Loves

The oh-so-encouraging Romans 12

Here are some recent sightings of pieced backings on quilts (for a friend of mine and any of you who are interested):

One Last Look At Bliss Between Friends

HST Quilt Finish

And, one last thing, a music video. A song called Where's the Line to See Jesus sung by Becky Kelley. I found the lyrics online, put my aid on and turned the sound way up. I found it to be touching.



[Refrain]
Where's the line to see Jesus? Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday, why don't we see Him more?
Where's the line to see Jesus? He was born for me.
Santa Claus brought me presents, but Christ gave His life for me.


Peace, Blessings and Grace,

1 comment:

  1. We made the switch to real Maple Syrup a couple of years ago and I couldn't agree with you more. We'll never go back. I didn't know there was such a thing as Maple Syrup Day. LOL. It's probably just another excuse for a greeting card. ;-)

    Thank you for posting those pieced backing links. I can't wait to see what yours looks like!

    I also enjoyed the Romans 12 link...I'm adding that blog to my collection.

    I never grow tired of the Kitteh pictures, and although I knew what the word meant, I had never seen a definition of it. That was cool. :)

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the hoiday off to the fullest with your honey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!