Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wordy Wednesday


Moi, circa 1971

I've been scanning in some old slides recently and came across this. Aren't those glasses horrid? Anyway, I loved cats even way back then. I don't know whose cat this was; but, it certainly wasn't ours.

What I am loving about scanning in these old slides is that I'm discovering precious pictures that I didn't know existed. I'm a sentimental old fool. I love looking at them.

Moi, circa 1970 or 1971

This is me with what I assume is our first cat, Tiger. I am thinking that this is 1971 because I was in first grade when he came to us. The one question I have is where are my glasses? I'm glad they were out of this picture. Also, weren't those plaid pants of this era horrid? Ha!

I am almost done scanning in slides. It's been taking me forever. I started early 2009 and here it is 2011. I will often lose focus and do other things. Also, sometimes seeing some of these old slides bring on some memories that just brings things to a halt.

Moi with 'Morris' aka 'Big Puss' aka 'Big Rotten Yellow Cat'
Circa 1976 in December

There are approximately 13 reels with 80 slides each, give or take a few. I am on the last reel. Once I'm done with this reel, I will move onto the odd shaped slides that Dan and I found buried upstairs in my folk's house. I will also be scanning in the rest of the pictures we find. It is tough trying to date some of these pictures; but, I'm doing the best I can.

When I am finished with them all, I am planning to burn all of the pictures and slides I've scanned in onto a bunch of CDs and giving them to everyone in the immediate family (which includes nieces and nephews). If any of you not-so-immediate family members read this and want a CD, please let me know and I'll see to it that you get a copy.

1 comment:

  1. That's a true gift of love. I love that idea. We have some old family pictures and have struggled to know what to do with them. Someone even suggested splitting them up and everyone taking pictures of themselves and that didn't appeal to me at all. They've always been with Mom and Dad to look at whenever I've wanted to. This is a good idea, but I don't know if I would have the stick-to-it-ive-ness that you have had.

    I think most people don't like seeing pictures of themselves, but those are some really cute pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!