Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wordy Wednesday


Moi, circa 1971

I've been scanning in some old slides recently and came across this. Aren't those glasses horrid? Anyway, I loved cats even way back then. I don't know whose cat this was; but, it certainly wasn't ours.

What I am loving about scanning in these old slides is that I'm discovering precious pictures that I didn't know existed. I'm a sentimental old fool. I love looking at them.

Moi, circa 1970 or 1971

This is me with what I assume is our first cat, Tiger. I am thinking that this is 1971 because I was in first grade when he came to us. The one question I have is where are my glasses? I'm glad they were out of this picture. Also, weren't those plaid pants of this era horrid? Ha!

I am almost done scanning in slides. It's been taking me forever. I started early 2009 and here it is 2011. I will often lose focus and do other things. Also, sometimes seeing some of these old slides bring on some memories that just brings things to a halt.

Moi with 'Morris' aka 'Big Puss' aka 'Big Rotten Yellow Cat'
Circa 1976 in December

There are approximately 13 reels with 80 slides each, give or take a few. I am on the last reel. Once I'm done with this reel, I will move onto the odd shaped slides that Dan and I found buried upstairs in my folk's house. I will also be scanning in the rest of the pictures we find. It is tough trying to date some of these pictures; but, I'm doing the best I can.

When I am finished with them all, I am planning to burn all of the pictures and slides I've scanned in onto a bunch of CDs and giving them to everyone in the immediate family (which includes nieces and nephews). If any of you not-so-immediate family members read this and want a CD, please let me know and I'll see to it that you get a copy.