Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pictorial Monday


On March 15th, I was outside with Dan while he was working on his classic Mustang. Actually, he had me take pictures of some boring old stuff for him.

While I was out there, I noticed that there were hundreds of bees around a flowering bush. I decided to try photographing them with my Macro. I got extremely close to some of them while bees flew all around the bush and me. I have no fear of them. I suppose I should; but, I do not. For the most part, honeybees will not bother you as long as you do not threaten them.



Fact: I adore bees and would love to have a beehive or two; but, it is just a pipe dream.

I also noticed a fly zipping among the flowers. He was super fast! It was tough to capture the little sucker. I do not have a perfect picture of him. However, I do like this one and think it's good enough to share.


Metallic Fly

Edited to add: Dan did a little research and discovered that the fly is actually a Sweat Bee. I found that extremely interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot! I stumbled upon this the other day. Maybe you can keep it for future reference when you get your own home.

    http://www.velacreations.com/bees.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!