Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Pictorial Monday: Kemah Boardwalk


While I was visiting my Mother, I went to Kemah Boardwalk. It is a nice place to go to to be near the ocean without having to travel to Galveston. I just wanted to walk; so, I went over to Kemah after lunch and I took my camera along with me.

It was the wrong time to take pictures as the sun was high in the sky. However, if one wants peace and quiet, the middle of the day in the middle of the week while school is in session is the best time to go. It was rather warm; so, I did not take a lot of pictures.


I guess putting spikes on the arms of these lights didn't stop the seagulls from resting/roosting. Ha!

The birds around here do not seem overly scared of humans. This one allowed me to get about three feet close before he (or is it a she?) took off.

These were snapped on March 2, 2011. I'll have to go back someday in the early evening when there is lots of activity going on. I've been wanting to practice taking pictures of things in motion. Rides in the early evening would be good to practice on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!