Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Layer Cake Quilt Along: Block 9


I was well on my way to completing Block 8 for this quilt along. I was even going to take pictures and post about that today. But alas, my machine died a sudden death and I do not have a clue to why. I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps about this.

All I have for you today is Block 9 which I completed on March 31st.


Block 9

I really enjoyed making this block. The instructions calls for making three different units - the center square, corner triangle squares (4) and flying geese units (4). And then, you can play with them. You have a choice of putting them together in four different ways. I chose the above pattern because it seemed to make my fabric 'shine' the best.

As I mentioned before, I had planned on having block 8 done this morning. I also hoped to have block 11 done tonight. But alas, I cannot as I have a dead machine. I want to scream, cry and panic and I am doing all I can do to remain calm. Ha!

Dan will try to revive the machine tonight. I am not going to lie, I have no hope of him being able to do this as it will not even power on. Anyway, I will take the machine to a repair shop tomorrow (if Dan is unable to revive it) and hope the shop can get it running again soon. My fear that it will be costly to get it fixed. My biggest fear is that the repair shop will not be able to revive it and then what will I do? Now, can I scream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!