Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fabric Tuesday: Quilt Shop Hop


My sewing machine died last Tuesday.

On Wednesday, Dan took it to the shop for me as it is located near where he works. While there, he found out it will be at least two weeks before I get my "baby" back.

Say what?!?

I then drowned my sorrows in M&M minis.

But, my mood lifted when I remembered that I was going Shop Hopping on Thursday.

I had this written down in my calendar and plans was in the works long before my machine broke. I had no plans to buy anything in particular nor did I specifically shop for certain things. I wanted to explore the quilt shops in the area. I thought that this was a good way to go exploring and hide in the crowds at the same time. I also set a personal limit to what I could spend. All in all, I think I did rather well.

Here is my loot. First of all, I got all these Fat Quarter fabrics

FREE!

Each shop gave out a free fat quarter to the hoppers. How cool is that?

I was doing fine money-wise until I fell in love with a line of fabrics.


I bought the top six fabrics at the first shop I saw these. The bottom two were bought on the second day at another shop. The line is called "Max & Whiskers" by Basic Grey for Moda.

{By the way, after I looked at the above picture, I thought the dog word fabric (bottom left) might not be part of the line. So, I looked at the selvage and sure enough, it is from a different line called "Man's Best Friend" by Leanne Anderson of Whole Country Caboodle for Henry Glass & Co.}

Isn't this just too cute?

When I got home the first night, I had to go online to my favorite online quilt shop to see if they had more fabrics in that line. Yup, they did. So, I ordered more! Ha! I'm also going to look for and order a few more that this particular shop did not have.

Anyway, moving on.

I found this fabric in the last shop on the second day.

The picture doesn't do justice to the colors. I loved the paisleys and the colors. But, as I debated on it, I could not justify spending money. What would I use it for? So, I wandered the shop and then suddenly, I realized that the colors could very well match the line of fabrics that I purchased. So, I went back and examined it and came to the conclusion that it will match. I ended up buying some. It is called "Priscilla's Paisley" for The Alexander Henry Fabrics.



Perfect Match! I'm not so sure about the dog words fabric. I will wait until the rest of the fabrics in this particular line comes in and then make a determination on whether or not to keep or reject it.

That is all for now! I will post the fabrics for the entire line once I get them all in. I hope you enjoyed this silly smiley loaded post!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!