- DIY project: Erik’s Recycled Wine Bottle Torch Recycling/Upcycling, Looks cool!
- Work Table Tutorial DIY
Folds into wall and also storage.
- Thread Min Samplers: Part Two Embroidery; this time focus on color (gradient)
- Windproof Blanket Easy to do; Picnic Blanket
- Button Flowers Fabric Crafts; A little Sewing
- Custom Fabric Buttons
This ties in with the Button Flowers link above. I like this because you can upcycle/recycle existing buttons – no need for a fancy schmancy button maker machine or gadgetery.
- How to Label a Quilt: 7 ideas from popular authors
- Tutorial: Knotty Christmas Tree Ornaments Sewing; Embroidery
- Is My (Your) Life Blog Worthy? A good short read with six bullet points
If a readers doesn't like what you write then you don't need them to read your blog. Don't blog just to get readers and build up your stats. Blog because it makes you happy, be your real, authentic self...this will garner you readers for life and they will love you for it.
Yes, there are beautiful blogs out there, talking about beautiful lives and beautiful people. They are just a drop in the bucket of what is really out there in the world. Blogging is not life. Life is not blogging. Remember to look at it for what it is...aTool. A means to an end. A document of your journey. And your journey is truly beautiful. So, yes, your life is worthy.
- Underneath all our Layers Christian; Inspirational
We aren’t meant to put on a coat of wax to shine for the world. God can handle our grit. Our mess. He knows how to deal with it in a way that brings healing and even reveals beauty.
- Almost Amish: 10 Principles for a Slower, Simpler, More Sustainable LifeChristian; Inspirational
The Amish are by no means a perfect people, and there are dark sides to their history. Their example, however, does have much to teach us. How can we incorporate the best of Amish principles into our modern lives? To answer this, I did some reading. And some visiting. And some listening. I in no way pretend to be an expert on the Amish, but the more I read and visited and listened, the more I found to admire. The Amish are islands of sanity in a whirlpool of change.