Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Galveston Island, Texas

We spent a little time in Galveston on October 30, 2014. We finally just went to Houston to take care of some personal business along with my wanting to go to the Houston International Quilt Festival and visiting Galveston Island. I grew up in the Houston area and Galveston will always be my first love. However, this most likely will be the last time we go to Galveston as Padre Island is closer to where we live.

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took while wandering a bit on the beach. By the way, the first picture is of the Historic Pleasure Pier.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Photos! They make me feel like I am almost there. I can almost feel the sand, hear the birds, feel the warm, moist breeze coming off the Gulf, and smell the salt air! Aaaahhh...the beach is one of the the things I'll miss in Texas. :-) I have many warm family memories from childhood there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @littlehouseintheozarks.comI love the beach. If I could live by the ocean, I would! LOL. :-) As it is, I have to settle for visits to the beach. North Padre is a fabulous place to go and I'm hoping to go this summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!