Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Feathered Friday {Raptors}

11/14/2014

Turkey Vultures are a common sight around here. But lately, for some odd reason, I’ve spotted other raptors hanging around. I have not seen a raptor, other than Turkey Vultures, near our land until recently.

12/19/2014

I spotted this one flying around and managed to hold myself steady to shoot this picture with my long lens. He/She was miles and miles away though and I was unable to identify what kind of raptor it was.

I believe this is an American Kestrel which is also known as a Sparrow Hawk.

Shot through a window with long lens on 1/9/2014.

Abby Gail spotted this bird roosting on the corner of our roof. It was an extremely cold morning (below 32* Fahrenheit). Abby was frozen with front paws on the windowsill. You could see the definition of her muscles in her hind legs. She was ready (and wanted) to leap through the window and go after the bird.

Dream on little girl, dream on.

8 comments:

  1. That sparrow hawk is a pretty one! I've never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @littlehouseintheozarks.comI have never seen one up close either and I thought it was cool that it rested on our roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raptors are handsome birds. I seldom see them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good that you saw so many raptors. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful variety of birds, I love seeing the raptors.. The Kestrel is an awesome, great shots. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Gunilla BäckThey're very majestic in the air. I love watching them fly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!