Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

December Recap


Note: I just discovered that my weeks in Savings were off since May. Ugh! Why didn’t anyone tell me that! It is now correct beginning this month; but, I am NOT going back to previous months to correct those! Ha! Also, I will continue to save $100+ a week for the year 2015.
  • Savings

    Previous Balance 2344.00
    Week 44 (12/01)
    +98.00
    2442.00
    Week 45 (12/8)
    +100.00
    2542.00
    Week 46 (12/15)
    +102.00
    2644.00
    Week 52 (12/21)
    +104.00
    2748.00
    Week 53 (12/29)
    +104.00
    2852.00

  • Book Finishes I have not read much in the way of books this month. I spent it mostly working around the house or watching silly sappy Christmas movies on TV.
    • #28: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.

      This book is the first book part of a series (14 total) called The Wizard of Oz. I have always wanted to read them even as a child; but, I never did. I saw two books being sold at Barnes and Nobles at discount prices and could not resist. One of them held the first five novels and the other contained novels six through ten.

      This book was cute and interesting and a very quick read which is what I wanted and needed. There were notable differences between the classic movie and the book that I found fascinating. I am so glad I finally got a chance to read this book and plan on reading the others in the series.

  • Projects
    • My Room

      Slow and steady wins the race. The fabric built-in units were more or less completed on the last day of December! Hurray! All that is left is the making of the shelves.

    • Laundry Room

      This endeavor was also completed on the last day of December! It is an AWESOME transformation and I am one happy camper.

  • Other
    • Christmas

      We spent a little time with one of my brother’s family over the holiday and had a very lovely time. The rest of the holiday/vacation was spent at our house working around the house and whatnot.

    • Staycation

      We did take one day after Christmas to do a “staycation”. We went to the San Marcos outlet malls {Premium and (Tanger) where I restocked my Yankee Candle supply, Bath and Body works soaps, and purchased me some lovely overalls by Dickies.

      We also went to Dick’s Classic garage car museum. This was a spur of the moment thing we did. All cars were in the 50s or older. My advice would be to skip the cost of the museum unless you are into extremely old classics, history, and whatnot. It was not worth it to us as we are more interested in cars from the 60s. However, we did have a good time gazing at old cars older than us!

      We also stopped by a couple of antique stores in New Braunfels. I just googled antique stores and picked two that came up in the search engine. Both stores were on the same street and both were fabulous shops! I was thrilled that we hit stores that I particularly like which are a combination of junk and antiques.

      Dan found some 1966 license plates for his Ford Mustang and I found a couple of yardsticks and a cool odd looking metal curved ruler. I did not know what it was used for; but, I liked it so much that I had to have it. Ha! In my research upon arriving home, I discovered that it is used by designers, tailors, dress makers and pattern makers. How cool is that?!?! And, perfect as “art” for my sewing room. I also discovered that I got it about half the cost of a new one. It pleased me to know that my instinct for bargains is still on the mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!