Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Word of the Year

Word of the Year

2011 – Do
2012 – Finish
2013 – Anew (Afresh)
2014 – Focus

I did not quite succeed in my personal challenges for 2014. I did succeed in the 52 weeks of savings. But, the 52 weeks of projects and books… Well, I got a good start! I plan to continue to read books. As for the projects, I plan to restart this once I am ensconced in my sewing and crafting room.

2015 – Persevere [Endure] [Pursue]

In other words, I will keep on keeping on!

It is my hope to be in the sewing / crafting room by February. If not, I will not despair – it will not be the end of the world. But, with the way things are currently in the room, the end is plainly in sight and we will persevere and I will endure. I will not give up! I am excited!

In looking back at 2014, I am both amazed and saddened by things life brought.

I went totally gluten free and in November, I finally went in for some blood testing and discovered an answer to some of my health issues which was a huge relief to me and yet, it was not. I will need to go back in a month or so and get retested. It may be that I might need to get a consultation with a geneticist if things did not balance out in my body as a result of following my doctor’s suggestions.

There was a death of a young vibrant man that was cousin/nephew/etc., and etc. to my two nieces that brought them a huge sadness / devastation and as a result, made me feel sad. My thoughts are with them, especially the mother and sibling(s) of the young man, as they all move forward this year. My only hope is that they all will not let fear stop them from allowing their children to thrive and pursue the very things they are passionate about.

It is my hope that 2015 will be a better year for everyone. But, you know life; it deals some very hard knocks sometimes. My prayer is that everyone will find their happiness and contentment in spite of the negatives that come their way.

2 comments:

  1. I love your word of the year. As a (frustrated) perfectionist, I often choose not to do something because it's not perfect, seems insurmountable, or like I'm making no progress. I read something recently that really made me think and sort of goes along with your word. I wrote it down, and I think it's going to be my 'theme' for the year, in fact, it might be the key to a lifelong problem. "Perfectionism leads to paralysis, which leads to procrastination." (Story of my life.) It was in a book about writing. The author said he saw someone with a T-shirt that said, "Progress-Not Perfection" ...and I think I'm going to make that my theme this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Progress - not Perfection". I absolutely LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!