Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Macro Monday {Fly}

{Participating in Macro Monday, I heart Macro, and Your Sunday Best.}

Tiny Beautiful Fly 10/10/2012

I was out back wandering when I spied what I think is a fly buzzing around a very small flower. I am hesitant to call it a fly because it was constantly around the flowers; but, it is what I will call it at the moment. This particular flower gets about 1 inch across. One petal is probably ½ inch. So, can you imagine how tiny this fly is? I was curious to see what it looked like through the macro lens and shot some pictures. Imagine my surprise at seeing the little beauty when I opened up the image. It is amazing how critters seem boring and irksome to the naked eye; but, in reality, is cute!

Thanksgiving Holiday in the States is November, 22, 2012.

For everyone who celebrates this holiday, may you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Calling by from Macro Monday, what a fascinating composition, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning photo :) it looks like a bee to me! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a Hover Fly, we have them here too - aren't they beautiful! The flower looks like a Wandering Jew flower. Beautiful crisp macro LeeAnn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!