Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wordy Wednesday

We have a minor problem here on our land. At first, we thought maybe it was ants or some black beetles causing the problem; but, in the back of my mind, I knew it had to be something else.

{To see a larger image, go here.}

For the longest time, we would see these hills of dirt pop up; but, we never saw an entry or exit point and we never saw evidence of critters. Until now. I looked out and saw this new fresh hill. And, of course, I went investigating.

{To see a larger image, go here.}

Much to my surprise and shock, I finally see evidence of an entry or exit point. And, in my mind, the hole seemed huge. I still do not know what is causing this; but, I do suspect gophers or moles.

This means we are going to have to be aggressive when we start gardening. I will be putting down the tiniest chicken wire I can find in the ground before building up the garden areas (beds). In the meantime, I need to do research on how to discourage moles or gophers from coming onto our land.

Oh joy. Fun. NOT! Ha!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!