Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Macro Monday {Sticker Burrs}

{Participating in Macro Monday, I heart Macro, and Your Sunday Best.}

Sticker Burrs 10/17/2012.

{To see a larger image, go here.}

I first posted images of clusters of these plants and of being hurt by one of these things in A Week of Pictures (#4).

We have since mowed the yard. My Chessie now has trouble with sticker burrs getting on her paws and her fur. She prefers to roam the back and sides of the house; but, I have been forcing her to go to the front because there were not as many of them out there. We also have to brush her before going back inside. She loves to be brushed; so, no problems in that area. However, she often refuses to go back inside after the brushing because she wants to stay outdoors!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The shape is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like they'd be painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these in my back yard. They aren't exactly round. A few are longer than the rest.. It's like cockleburs on crack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bobbi Laird
    These have been terrible for this fall. I pulled over 25 of them off my boots the other day. And, managed to get scratched up by two of them that got on my pants. it's not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a shovel and dig under the root as much as possible. If you really want to make sure it won't come back, spray Roundup into the hole.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!