Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Indiscriminate Contemplations


Indiscriminate Contemplations == Random Thoughts

Our Labor Day holiday weekend was very lazy and unproductive – just what we needed. We did go looking at some model homes. Now that was cheap entertainment and dreamscapes (dream escapes). I don’t think we’ll be building a house even though our first home was built.

About the camping / Garner pictures, I’m working on it. I have all the pictures. It is just a matter of arranging them, writing it up, and then publishing them. I have to be in the mood for that. I want it to look nice.

The Pioneer Woman is currently having a photography assignment called "Funny". Take a look at these pictures. Scroll down and take a look at the cat. Hilarious. Also, scroll down even further and you’ll see a picture with chickens. Too funny!

“Embrace the Camera” concept is floating around in blog land. Basically, the concept is to take pictures of YOU with your kids. All too often, the person doing the photography is missing. The idea is that children will want to see YOU with them when they’re grown. This is too true. So, step out from behind the camera and snap a few of yourself with your kids and grandkids. They will thank you later.

Since I don’t have children and I know some of you don’t either, I was thinking that I could do the same thing doing the things I love. In other words, the concept can be taken to taking pictures of YOU doing things YOU love and/or with your critters. That is my take anyway. What fun I could have with a tripod! Plus, Dan could also get in more practice with his camera. Hmmm, another challenge to issue to Dan! Ha!

We made Maple Toast Eggs for dinner Wednesday night. It’s a keeper. I did spray the pan with a little olive oil – I was afraid of sticking. I also used unsalted butter (not margarine) and real Maple syrup (not that fake stuff with high fructose corn syrup). Speaking of real maple syrup, I need to shop at HEB and see what they have. My Walmart only had one brand. I may also go to Whole Food Market (a 20 minute drive) to check them out. I’m sure they have more variety.

I just found out that men’s pants are not exactly the size you may think they are. Are Your Pants Lying to You? An Investigation. This article includes a chart. Interesting.

I sent the link to Dan (while he was at work) and apparently, they were talking about it on the radio the other day. Dan said “…and I can still fit into size 32 jeans..... as long as I get them at Old Navy” - He was chowing down on french toast and sausage at the time (which his employer provided). Too funny. And yet, it is too sad because the reality is that many people are all too willing to deceive themselves. My Dan doesn't really (deceive himself). He does like to joke around sometimes though.

Gracie, one of our cats, remember her? The one that can balance herself on her hind legs real good? The one that did the freaky exorcist thing? Yeah her.

Well, she has taken to laying on the back of this office chair using me to sleep on in the mornings. It's kind of scary because she's a tripod. (She's missing her front left leg). And yes, she has fallen. Twice! So far, She and I manage to escape injury. I should make her NOT do this; but, she is just so happy to be laying on the back of the chair and on my "shoulders". So, I indulge her at my own peril (and hers too).

1 comment:

  1. I have been following PW's photo contests. There have been some really interesting ones this time around.

    How sweet to have a kitty snuggle up against your shoulders. Doesn't that make you feel loved? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!