Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Big Surf Waterpark


{In the tune of 12 Days of Christmas}
On the third day of vacation, my true love took me to, a water park...

I know. GROAN. Ha!

I'm such a water freak, I love being in the water whether it be the ocean, a river, a swimming pool or a water park.

We chose to go to Big Surf over Branson's water park mainly because it was cheaper. It's a nice little park; but, it was just a tad too tame for the both of us. It also didn't have much. It had a tiny river (a disappointment for me), a kiddie play area, the wave pool, and three or four "rides". We did like the wave pool.

So, we will be going to the Branson's water park the next time we go to Missouri (which will most likely be two years from now) in spite of the fact it's more expensive.

I took along a cheap disposable Fuji waterproof camera that I purchased at a Walmart. You don't get great pictures; but, you do get some snapshots of memories. This is the first time I used a Fuji disposable water camera. I think I will stick with the Kodaks (I've used them before) even though they are more expensive. It seems to me that Kodak camera takes slightly better pictures -- it may be my imagination though.

One of these days, I'm going to invest in one of those digital waterproof cameras out there -- having one of these would be awesome! I'm currently liking and keeping an eye out on the Olympus Stylus Tough 8100 digital camera. It's a tad too expensive for me at the moment though. And, I need to save up my money first.

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took at the water park. Enjoy.



A couple of River rats

I'll have you know, the water was COLD. At least, we are going to be prepared for getting in the Frio River beginning of August.




Dan braves a water slide

I wouldn't try this one out. I told Dan I would after he went by himself. After he completed the ride, he said that he was glad I didn't try because it had a tremendous amount of g-force. I heaved a big sigh of relief because I really didn't want to go! Ha!



Wave Pool

We were in this the most. It would make waves for ten minutes, be calm for ten minutes and then start up again. I would have to say that this is one of the better wave pools I have been in.


1 comment:

  1. It looks like y'all had a lot of fun. :) I'm almost always freezing when we go to Schlitterbahn. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!