Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekly Recap #4

Not much happened this past week (January 24 - 30, 2016). I was focused on a variety of things such as chores and an early spring cleaning.

Animals

  • I witnessed what looked like a brutal beat down on Abby Gail by Gracie on the 25th of January. Abby Gail just stood there frozen and blinked every time a paw was struck on her side. It was rapid fire strikes of the lone paw with claws. It was pretty impressive on Gracie's part (considering she is a tripod with only one front leg). Abby had an attitude of "What the heck are you doing?" and "you're not hurting me."

    I have to say that Abby had it coming to her for harassing Gracie one too many times (jumping on her from behind). I checked Abby over when she calmed down. She is unhurt. Her fur may be short; but, it is rather dense. And, she is no longer bothering Gracie. I guess she got the spanking of her life and had her fill of violence. Ha!

Quilting; Crafts; DIY
  • I am still hand quilting Dan’s quilt sporadically. I am gradually making progress on this never ending project. Ha!
  • I “tangled” for a few minutes one day when I was feeling particularly anxious. It calmed me down a bit. I need to do more of this doodling since is tons cheaper than therapy. Ha!
  • Dan rigged up this sign for me to go over the guest / gaming / exercise room. We used a leftover piece of flooring and stained the sides a dark color. It worked fabulously and it was practically free. I am extremely pleased. Poor Dan though. He had a very difficult time putting this sign up!
Health
  • I began to start feeling much better Monday (the 25th). I think traveling, eating things I usually do not eat and whatnot around Christmas and the New Year really set me out of whack for a couple of weeks.

Company

  • My oldest nephews, a niece-in-law, and her brother stayed at our house beginning January 29th and left on the 31st. They used us as a place to crash while they attended PAX South. I enjoyed having them here and seeing what little I saw of them. I actually felt sad to see them leave. I think they had a good time.
Quotes
Unconditional love is an illogical notion but such a great and powerful one.

~ Seen on a church sign ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!