Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Weekly Recap #6

{February 7 through February 13, 2016}

Gardening

  • I continued a little more breaking of ground during the week; but, the majority of the work was done on Saturday (yesterday). It is hard, hard work as it has been years since the plot of land has been maintained. We still have a little more to do which we will do Sunday (today).
Quilting; Crafts

  • We finished setting up the quilt on my long arm frame! It was a little complicated; but, we got it done. I’ve been busy researching and setting up the mid-arm sewing machine and ran into complications.

    I have also researched a bit on my regular sewing machine because I have decided to give free motion quilting one more try as I want to quilt the black, white and red quilt too. The last time I tried was years ago and after research , I discovered that my machine needed a few parts to make it (free motion quilting) work. I have them on hand and am in the process of gearing up courage to change out the few parts so that I can try free motion quilting on that machine again.

    Yes, I am slow. I am methodical. And, I tend to need to gather up courage to mess around with the machines because I am still very much a newbie when it comes to sewing machines.

    Anyway, I managed to fill up bobbins (five total) for the mid-arm machine; but, threading that machine was a failure until I finally figured out what I did wrong. In case you don't know, the mid arm is brand new to me and never been used. Hopefully, I will be more successful this coming week.

Miscellaneous

  • I burnt the top of my hand – the knuckle of the middle finger Tuesday night. It caused me quite a bit of panic; but, since it was so small, I figured there was nothing that can be done. The skin was immediately crispy white with a busted blister. What was unusual, I felt no pain. My index, middle, and third finger swelled up a tad too. It seems to be healing fine albeit slowly. I am now beginning to feel some pain. The sore is also itching a little. Mom always said itching was a sign it is healing.
  • I sold off a bunch of cooksbooks along with a few regular books and DVDs at Half Price Books. That made me feel real good because it was something I needed to do for a while now. It is just quite a trip to make though and one that I do not make often unless I have a coupon which I did (20% off entire purchase).
  • I hate to confess; but, it has been kind of a lazy week. I have neglected jotting down notes too. I felt off all week long not to mention frustrated with myself concerning the sewing machines. It's okay to have an off week, correct?
Quotes
Faith is not about everything turning out okay.
Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out.

~ unkown ~

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!