Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Macro Monday

It has been awhile since I have done a macro Monday. I am sort of out of touch as it has not been a great spring for wildflowers here at the "homestead". But, I have this:

A Daffodil about to bloom. Taken on February 22, 2016

I planted these daffodils as one defense against gophers. I have seen evidence of a gopher coming above ground and digging towards the roots of one plant only to stop short of reaching the roots. I plan to buy daffodil bulbs in bulk in the Fall.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you will have blooms soon. I didn't know that about daffodils. I know deer don't like them so maybe that's true of all wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read that they are poisonous for deer, gophers and moles; thus, they stay away from them. Thank you for stopping by! :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!