Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Feathered Friday {Loggerhead Shrike}

Loggerhead Shrike
January 24, 2016

I was out observing the land and the cats when I spied something white huddling among the dormant grape bush vines along the fence. I grabbed the binoculars and yelled for Dan once I realized what it was I was seeing. I then grabbed my camera.

This one was not shy at all. He allowed me to approach slowly. I managed to get approximately 25 feet away before he finally flew off. I felt blessed because I was able to hear him which is very unusual for me with birds (due to the fact I am profoundly deaf).

1 comment:

  1. Hello, gorgeous shots of the Loggerhead Shrike. They are cool birds to see. Great shots! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!