Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wordy Wednesday {A Helping Hand}

We had started putting down the flooring and we needed something with weight. I thought of the coins Dad left us. They are heavy and they would work. So, I dug them out and took them into the room. While taking a break and surveying all we have done, I looked at the coins and thought to myself, "Dad is still here giving us a helping hand".

It has been over five years and yet, I still see (and think of) reminders of him. I had to take a picture and while taking one, Dan was curious and asked me if I was taking a picture of the coins. So, I told him what went through my mind and he smiled.

Several hours later, something happened that got us both staring in confusion and then in amusement. I even laughed.

Dan had stacked two containers of coins and the top one can tumbling down. A thought crossed my mind and then I said it out loud. "Dad, are you trying to tell us something?" This caused Dan to laugh which is a rare thing to hear from him. That alone made my day.

3 comments:

  1. I know the blog post is about your Dad's coins, but I just have to say that the flooring you chose is beautiful!

    Hang on to those coins. They might be very valuable some day, for more than just memories, though that a lone is a good reason to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @littlehouseintheozarks Thank you!

    As for the coins, I have quite a few that are currently valuable. I am not really wanting to hang onto these; but, I have not been able to deal with them until recently. If I let them go, they will go to another family member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been six yrs since my dad passed. I still miss him and have weepy moments too. He collected coins too!! I have some and mom sold some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!