Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wordy Wednesday {An Audacious Fellow}

{To see a larger image, go here.}

While outside photographing some things, this mockingbird mocked my efforts! Actually, he is just a friendly pest. He was probably no further than 20 feet away. It surprised me that he would land so close to me. He has become so trusting and I am not sure if that is wise due to the fact my cats are often outside with me. In fact, Gracie was nearby trying to photo bomb some of my pictures as she wanted attention.

This was taken on February 9, 2014 with the macro lens. Yes, the macro lens! When I quickly set up the camera and snapped the picture, A thought crossed my mind that the picture was going to look grainy. But, when I opened up the RAW format, it looked good to me. It was a foggy and cloudy morning which gave the effect in the background.

Here is an extreme crop of the audacious fellow!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome shot. I love the trailer and fog in the background. The bird is posing so nicely, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, love the trailer and fogginess. Mockingbirds are brave and will dive bomb cats without mercy. Ive had them land within a couple of feet (could almost touch them) to get bugs nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @FlakyLMD This is one of my favorite pictures I have taken. I've had mockingbirds dive bomb my cats in the past; but, this one does not. He just fusses up a storm and waits for me to remove the cat(s). LOL. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!