Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wordy Wednesday (Got OCD?)

The flooring we bought comes in all kinds different lengths. It is unbelievable how many different lengths exist. I tried for awhile to just eyeball what we need and grab a board here and there and try it out for size. This eventually drove me batty. So, while Dan was working on putting down a portion of the flooring inside the closet, I organized the remaining boards.

Can You Say OCD?

Once they were all lined up and organized by lengths, I was a much happier camper. From hereon, I used the measuring tape and eyeballed about what length the next board should be as we do not want the joints to be close together. I would then go and grab the board that was closest to the length I wanted and drop it down in place. When the supply got low, I would open up another box and add more boards to the lineup.

Dan laughed when I started my madness (of organizing and lining up the boards); but, he noticed my new method of laying down the flooring was much quicker than before. So, I think, in the end, he approved of my madness.

2 comments:

  1. Youre just intelligent! I tend to do this sort of thing for Bob cause he has the brunt of the physical stuff. I CAN organize for him tho! Cant wait to see the pics of finished floor, I love the flooring btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @FlakyLMD I do have OCD or perfectionist tendencies. Thank you about the flooring. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!