Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Turkey Vulture (First Attempt)

This is my first attempt to capture a turkey vulture flying nearby with my long lens. It certainly is NOT easy! The day was very bright and clear. I am planning to try again in the near future. By the way, I did not think this was a turkey vulture (no red around the head). So, we did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that it must be a juvenile as they lack the red around the head. We are not 100% confident on the identity; but, we are calling it a turkey vulture until told otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shot! I KNOW how difficult it is. I tried to capture some seagulls once. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @littlehouseintheozarks If I remember correctly, your seagull shots were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a turkey vulture. Promise. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!