Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wordy Wednesday {Cuckoo}

I walked outside early one afternoon to take a break and wander a bit. I was walking slow and rounded the corner of our house to the driveway when I practically collided with a Roadrunner. I froze and all I could do was silently scream "OMG". He raised his comb a split second later and I silently screamed "OMG" again. He was gorgeous. I felt like I could practically reach out and touch him. It was an amazing encounter.

The roadrunner is part of the Cuckoo family of birds. I certainly felt cuckoo (crazy). When he calmly walked away, I calmly and quickly backed away to fetch my camera from the house.

I had to fight with Gracie because she dashed outside when I opened the door. Much to my disappointment, he was in the neighbor's yard by the time I was back outside with my camera. But, I stalked him and got as close as I could with my long lens.

These are not the greatest pictures in the world due to the fact I was shooting through wire fencing and the brush in the neighbor's back yard; but, it is proof I saw a road runner. I hope that he comes over again someday so that I can get much better pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I love roadrunners! They are beautiful birds. I love to watch them move. I never knew they were in the cuckoo family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!