Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wordy Wednesday {Changes}

Remember my long hair? Here is a picture I took back in November of 2012 for a mirror challenge (which I never finished):

As you can see, my hair is long. Well, last Saturday, I had it cut. Chopped. At least a third is gone if not half. Here is me today:

Much better, huh? And yes, I intentionally tried to reproduce the same pose and all; but, I did not succeed. Anyway, I could not decide on a hairstyle. So, I just got it cut off. I wanted it long enough to put in a ponytail because I do not like my hair falling on my face while crafting, sewing, cutting fabric or even doing minor yard work such as pulling weeds. I also decided I did not want bangs because my face is small and bangs would make it look even smaller. There is nothing wrong with wrinkles anyway! They are a fact of life just like my grey hair.

There is another minor change; but, nothing different for most of you family and friends. For those of you who do not know, I have had a pair of holes in each earlobe since the early ‘80s.

Well, last Christmas, I wore earrings (in the second upper hole) I had purchased from Wal-Mart that claimed to be gold. Never, never again will I purchase earrings from Wal-Mart. I will stick with Kohl’s (along with their coupons).

The posts (from Wal-Mart) turned out to be cheap metal. My ears could never tolerate cheap metals. I can wear hypoallergenic earrings for a short duration; but, gold is best for me because I can put the earrings in and forget about them. Anyway, my ears got infected from the Walmart earrings. I ended up having to leave earrings out altogether and they finally healed.

When I tried to put a pair of good earrings in after they healed, the posts would only go in about halfway. The holes had closed up and I was very sad. I thought that I would not bother getting them re-pierced – I am too old and stuff. However, I missed having the ability to pair up earrings in each lobe. So, after a bit of thought, I decided to get the re-pierced.

I went with nice simple white gold earrings. Let me tell you, getting your ears pierced the second time around hurts like the dickens! I am happy that I have two pairs of earrings in each lobe once again even though I cannot take the white gold ones out for two months.

1 comment:

  1. I love your hair, the color etc Doesnt matter the length. I also like your earstuds. I have a double in my left ear since I was 16yrs old. It keeps me from having to throw away studs when one goes missing. LOL! You're so beautiful, I have always thought that. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!