Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Favorites of the Week

I thought I try something different for Saturdays seeing that I am not online as much these days. The Link Roundup posts will now be Favorites of the Week. I will give this a go and see how it goes. I may add or take things away from future posts. I know I want to add a “link of the week” later on. I just started this a couple days ago; so, I do not have a link this week. Let me know what you all think of this change.

  • Scripture of the week:

    If you love me, you will keep my commandments. ~John 15: 14
    I watched an episode of Joyce Meyer this week and she was speaking on “obedience”. She talked about how God’s love is always the same. We do not have to earn his love as he already loves fully and unconditionally. God knows our hearts. It is our flesh and willpower that often gets in the way of obeying God. He does not stop loving us if we fail. He loves us no matter what. Over time, it will get easier to do what He asks of us and obey His word. Well, that is major paraphrasing off of my memory in a nutshell! Ha!

  • TV Quotes of the week:
    The angels have the phone box.
    Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death.
    Both of the above quotes come from Blink (Doctor Who). We now get BBC America and Doctor Who comes on in the mornings. I have been recording the show and watching them when I am feeling sick, down or needing a break. I am thrilled to be able to watch this show once again as I have not seen an episode since we left North Houston almost five years ago.

    Sure, I could buy the DVDs; but, I am too darn cheap. Actually, I am waiting for Amazon to come up with a Deal of the Day on the series; but, I highly doubt this will happen because it is a foreign TV series.

    Anyway, I watched this particular episode for the first time this past week and it is my favorite episode so far! I had to hit pause, rewind and play a few times due to the fact I could not keep up with the fast paced captioning (conversation). I saved the recording and watched it again that same night because I thought Dan would like it too. (And, I think he did). Seeing the episode the second time around was even better than the first!

  • Book Quote of the week:
    Dawn take you all, and be stone to you!
    I am currently re-reading The Hobbit by J. R.R. Tolkien and just finished Chapter II. This happens to be one of my favorite scenes from the book itself. (You have to read the book if you do not know what I am talking about. Ha!) I wonder if this scene is in the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!