Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Macro Monday {Meadowlark}

{Participating in Macro Monday and I heart Macro.}

Meadowlark 2/1/13

This particular picture (and a few others) was shot with my macro lens through a window when the birds foraged close to the house. Since I do not have a telephoto lens, I tried to use my macro as a telephoto lens. The pictures are not too bad; although, they are a bit grainy. But still, you get the idea how these birds can look very ordinary and yet are beautiful. The Meadowlarks blend in with the land so extremely well - you often do not know they are there unless you see them move. It is because of the birds (and other critters) that I am chomping at the bit to get myself a good quality telephoto lens.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    Have a great week!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy them here. Normally they are singular or pairs and then flock in groups during the winter. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!