First of all, I want to let you all know
- Accuquilt is having a scavenger hunt on facebook (ends 1/30/2012). Hunt up codes for a chance to win a cool prize.
- American Patchwork American Patchwork and Quilting is having a $10,000 crafting giveaway (ends on 11/14/2012). You'll receive cash to renovate or stock up your stash.
- Quilts and More is having a $1000 Quilt Shop giveaway to spend at any of the shops found on a link listed on the giveaway page.
- Scrappy Mug Mat Tutorial Quilting; Sewing
This is really cute!!!
- The Trouble with Blogging
But never forget that what you see on the screen is not the whole picture.
Never forget that the people behind the blogs are, well, people…with unorganized cupboards, unmanaged time schedules (ahem!), cranky children (ahem again!), painful stories, crafty train wrecks, struggling marriages, unpaid bills and burnt meat loaf. (Those are the examples I use, because those have all been me behind the scenes.)
Never forget that their story and their journey and their choices apply to them, not to you.
You are who you are for a reason. You are where you are a for a reason. Don't do what I do and beat yourself up for not being where someone else is. It's a colossal waste of time.
- In God We Trust: Your Money and a Higher Power Finances
I asked him why he’s not searching for a job or addressing some of his other concerns and he told me, “God will provide. I just have to be patient.”
Personal faith in God can be a powerful thing. I’ve witnessed how such a faith has helped guide people to some incredible positive changes in their lives. I’ve seen how a community of people guided by their faith can keep a food pantry running. I’ve seen people of faith making sure that children have a wonderful meal and a nice gift at Christmastime, and I’ve witnessed countless other positive results from personal faith.
One key factor that unites all of these good things, however, is taking action.