Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

Garner State Park, June 1, 2015

I was not feeling the greatest while camping; but, I am so glad I went because the younger kids were so friendly and adorable. They hung around our campsite a LOT which pleased me to no end.

In the mornings and late evenings, I would wander around looking for flying flowers (butterflies). I actually channeled Elmer Fudd and hunted down some "wascally wabbits" and succeeded. In the afternoons, a woodpecker would regularly invade our campground and I attempted to capture them. Unfortunately, I only took one picture of people. Maybe next time I'll concentrate on capturing people in moments of time.

These were taken on June 1, 2015

Horsemint

The "Wascally Wabbit", Jack Rabbit

Bordered Patch {Chlosyne lacinia} butterfly

Unidentifed

A faded Bordered Patch {Chlosyne lacinia} butterfly

A faded checkered butterfly; most likely Vesta Crescent (Phyciodes vesta)

My field Guide also calls it a "Vesta Cresentspot"

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!