Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Macro Monday {Albino Bluebonnet}

Early in the morning of March 15, 2014 when the sun was rising, I looked out the front door window and spied some ghostly sentinels all lined up in a row. I was like "what the hey!?"

Much to my surprise, there were six rare white bluebonnets. I was floored.

You could not see the regular bluebonnets in the gloomy predawn; but, the white ones stood out in the darkness. I had to wait until the sun was up before snapping pictures on this particular day.

I did not think of them much after snapping pictures because single white bluebonnets spaced about a foot apart were not photographable.

When I went out on March 26th in an attempt to photograph the tons of bluebonnets we had around our property, I discovered more white bluebonnets sprouted around each of the single bluebonnet I discovered earlier in the month.

I now knew I officially had a big cluster of white bluebonnets on a particular spot of our land and I am absolutely thrilled.

The rest of the pictures below were shot on April 2, 2014 when I finally focused on trying to capture the numerous bluebonnets we had on our property.

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! What a treat to have such an array in your own yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So oops beautiful! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful, hope the white ones continue to bloom for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool for you! Lots of bluebonnets down this way the last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @janiceadcockBluebonnets are in abundance this year. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!