Monday, April 14, 2014

Macro Monday {Albino Bluebonnet}

Early in the morning of March 15, 2014 when the sun was rising, I looked out the front door window and spied some ghostly sentinels all lined up in a row. I was like "what the hey!?"

Much to my surprise, there were six rare white bluebonnets. I was floored.

You could not see the regular bluebonnets in the gloomy predawn; but, the white ones stood out in the darkness. I had to wait until the sun was up before snapping pictures on this particular day.

I did not think of them much after snapping pictures because single white bluebonnets spaced about a foot apart were not photographable.

When I went out on March 26th in an attempt to photograph the tons of bluebonnets we had around our property, I discovered more white bluebonnets sprouted around each of the single bluebonnet I discovered earlier in the month.

I now knew I officially had a big cluster of white bluebonnets on a particular spot of our land and I am absolutely thrilled.

The rest of the pictures below were shot on April 2, 2014 when I finally focused on trying to capture the numerous bluebonnets we had on our property.