Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Birds of a Feather...

I have been using my long lens of late. Maybe I should start having a "Long Tuesdays"; but, that sounds awful. And besides, Tuesdays were (and still is) dedicated to DIY/Crafting/Sewing genre around here. I just have not had time to do much along these lines. So, I have been posting whatever I feel like posting until things get back to normal around here.

We have had many birds visit our feeders and rain barrel (which is a bird bath when full) this spring. They make such a chatter and fuss at the cats. Most of the birds do not mind my presence; but, the cats make them nervous.

I saw these Red Winged Blackbirds through the window of the kitchen door. I took these pictures through the window. I have since tried taking pictures outside; but, these birds are very skittish and shy; although, their behavior around the food reminds me of the Jays -- downright rude! Ha!

These pictures were shot two days after the red winged blackbirds made an appearance. These are finches. More specifically, I believe they are House Finches. I love their bright red colors. Some are more colorful than others. They are brave and stay in the trees. A few come to the hanging platform feeders we have even in the presence of my cats.

I have been trying to capture a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher which is no easy task considering they love the field behind ours. I will keep on trying.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Shots! I love to watch the birds. It's gratifying when you can actually capture a picture of them and see them up close!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!