Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Macro Monday (Checkered Skipper)

{Participating in Macro Monday and I heart Macro.}

Checkered Skipper 12/9/2012

This beautiful critter was fluttering about the last of the flowers in our backyard before the full force of winter hit where we live.

I just saw a small yellow butterfly fluttering about the other day and it surprised me. I realized the other day I take a lot of pictures of butterflies. I have always liked them (along with moths); but, since we saw the absolutely gorgeous butterfly, a Swallowtail, they remind me of Dad. I take joy in watching and photographing them – there are so many varieties. As a result, it is never dull for me.

Another picture of the same butterfly taken on the same day as the first one above.

3 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!