Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Macro Monday {Texas Toad-flax}

{Participating in Macro Monday and I heart Macro.}

Texas Toad-flax 1/26/2013

{To see a larger image, go here.}

I spied this silly delicate wildflower growing outside the day before I took this picture. The wind is horrendous out here and has been breezy for days. I had to be patient and wait for a moment when the wind stopped blowing to snap a picture. This shot was the best one I took out of many.

It is way too early for this particular plant to be sprouting let alone blooming. The weather here has been in the low 70s (Fahrenheit) for several days and will continue to be in the low 70s for the rest of this week. So, it is no wonder that it is confused. But, when I spied this Texas Toad-flax, I was thrilled. Our short winter will soon end.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet purple flower... We're a long way off from spring yet in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I yearn for flowers!!! We won't see spring until May or June...so I have to bring spring into the house with cut flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! We still have to wait for spring here in Finland for many long months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful macro shot. Spring here is just s few weeks away, we have a mild winter so we get it little early than others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lee Ann,

    Gorgeous toad flax! I just love purple flowers. I planted a bunch of purple crocus bulbs in the fall and can't wait for spring to arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!