Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wordy Wednesday


We've been having a lot of storms in the area which is a very good considering we have been under a severe drought for over two long years.

On March 9th around 1 p.m., there was a flash of light and an immediate KABOOM. It rattled the windows and scared the crap out of me. And, then the rains came. I really enjoy watching the rain. I was shocked when hail started dumping and grabbed my camera to play.
I had to switch to manual focus (on the lens). So, I was using manual mode and manual focus. And, I was shooting through a screen (with the window open). What fun! The blurs you see in the foreground are actually the raindrops or hail. I was able to snap three pictures before the hail disappeared.

I need to practice taking pictures in a hurry like this. It is not easy to use manual mode and manual focus; but, I think it could make for some cool pictures in certain situations.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog at Sew Many Ways FaFF and thought I would come poke around and I just wanted to let you know that you have a new follower and I have yet another ggreat blog to read!! Most of the photos on my blog have been taken with my iPhone so far but I do have a "big camera" too so if you come up with any tips I would love to hear them! I think your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!