Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Link Roundup


Here is a reminder for those of you who live in the USA, unless you are in Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands:

I found this Daylight Saving Time Around the World 2012 chart interesting. It makes me wonder why the USA is one of the few out of hundreds to observe Daylight Savings Time?

Anyway, I have been pinning a few things onto Pinterest. I need to remember to add the links here too because I just realized that many people do not use Pinterest. My apologies to those of you who are not on Pinterest. I will try do both in the future.


  • Why Are Pincushions Frequently Made to Resemble Tomatoes?

  • Free Printable Canister labels

  • Pet Photography Tutorial
    If you’re a pet owner like me, your pooch is probably the thing that you fall back on the most — and how could you not? Those sweet eyes, that soft fur, everything about your pets you want to capture! But what about what they see?
    Yup! That is definitely me – I fall back on my pets – the crazy cat lady! Ha! This would be a slightly different exercise for me as my cats like to get up high!

  • Codeacademy: Learn to Code Review; Educational
    This might be worth checking out if you have older kids wanting to learn how to program (code).

  • Self Watering Soda Bottle Planters & Wall of Plants Gardening
    Recycling / Repurposing soda bottles and wooden pallets
  • Moses Was A Wuss & A Potential Virus Sensation Christian; Humor
    Whatever word you choose, Moses was that. I never thought of Moses as being scared. I always saw him with a sweet beard, wearing a red robe (always a red robe) carrying a stick and cursing the Earth-conquering Apes in front of a collapsed Statue of Liberty. As it turns out, I’ve really got to stop getting my theology and biblical information from Hollywood.
    Moses seems oddly cool with the idea of chatting with God through a burning bush. I’m not sure if this happened a lot to Moses, but he just carries on a conversation as if nothing major was happening. He listens to God identify Himself, answer questions, and give him a task. Not recognizing that he is talking to a flaming bush, Moses asks God for a sign. The flaming, talking shrub isn’t enough?
  • Our Daily Bread: Acts of Gratitude Christian, Daily Devotional
    I found this particular devotional to be a very good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!