Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Quilty Tuesday: On My Design Wall


I have been busy cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, recycling, reorganizing, Goodwilling, and trashing stuff. As a result, I have only done a few things in the way of crafting and quilting projects.

I did the garbage container recently as the original was driving me batty.

We are slowing working on the trash-to-treasure nightstand. All that is needed is a couple of coats of polyurethane and that project will be completed.

And, I finished adding the borders to the Layer Cake blocks which I last posted about on June 21st. They are all squared up.


As of this morning

As you can see, I have made very little progress on the quilt. The next step is cutting fabric for the sashing and sewing those on.

I am planning to relax and enjoy a week or two for myself before getting back to cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning! We are trying to simplify and organize our lives. We have already gotten rid of a dining table and two folding side tables via Craigslist and I am planning to sell off more including an antique sewing machine. (No, it is not my Grandmother's sewing machine).

I am anxious to get the Layer Cake quilt top and backing finished because I wish to play with my newest "toy" in the house.


A Sneak Tease




I'm linking up with:
Fresh Poppy Design  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty blocks!

    Mrs. Hearts
    www.busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your quilt. I still have a few blocks to do in mine but I chose ugly colors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blocks! I hear you on the housework. When I make progress quilting, my house is a diaster zone. I feel like it's impossible to keep up with both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new toy! Your blocks look great up on your design wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish I'd done as much housework as I should have done. Love your blocks though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!