Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wordy Wednesday



Once upon a time, way back in 2010 when I stayed with Mother for several months, I would go walking at the nearby mall. I always entered and exited in the same store. This dummy (the middle one) drove me crazy every time I exited.

Why? Because every time I walked by, it would make me stop and do a double take.

Why? because it reminded me of my Grandmother. I think it is an outfit she would wear and the way that stupid dummy was standing, is the way she stood too - with shoulders back and standing tall. Give that dummy more 'up there' and add some jewelry, it would be Grandma for sure.

After weeks of having 'double takes', I finally grabbed my phone out of a pocket and snapped a picture for posterity sake. And now, I'm sharing my insanity with the world.

I mean, who does this kind of stuff? And, who gets reminded of the people they love by a stupid dummy wearing something that they might wear? Apparently, I do. And hopefully, I'm not alone in getting reminders of people long gone from items and/or experiences.

3 comments:

  1. I'm more concerned about her right hand. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kara: Bwahahaha! I am so surprised you noticed that. I am glad to know that you're more concerned about that than my "insanity". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love this post. I can relate :) I also noticed the hand position. Dummy's do those kind of poses, you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!